Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
This is a no smoking building, hirers are asked to respect this condition.
Discos or entertainers should not use smoke machines as this affects the Hall fire alarm system.
The hirers of the premises will be responsible for:
- Any cost of replacing damaged or broken items incurred during the course of hiring.
- Ensure the facilities are used in accordance with general Health & Safety guidelines. Internal fire doors must not be propped open and external fire door exits should not be blocked. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all attendees are aware of the Fire Evacuation procedure and that all persons are evacuated in the event of an emergency.
- Leaving the premises in as clean and satisfactory condition at the end of the hire as they were at the beginning. If they are not, the cost of cleaning the premises will be charged to the hirer.
- Ensuring that sellotape and drawing pins (which may damage the décor) are not used to affix things to the wall. The use of BluTack or similar products is permissible.
- Vacating the premises at the agreed time. Late departure may result in an additional charge.
- Obtaining all licences required to hold their function, and for enforcing any condition attached to the licenses.
- No nuisance is caused to adjoining owners during the period of the hiring.
- When amplified music, recorded music and entertainment of a similar nature is taking place, the external doors and all windows shall be kept closed as far as is reasonably practicable for the duration of the entertainment.
- External areas of the premises should not be used after 23:00 hours, other than for the purposes of arrival and departure.
- Patrons should ensure that they and their guests leave the areas quietly.
- The premises are not to be used for any illegal or immoral purposes, or for any purpose which might offend public taste.
- All cars must be parked in a designated car parking area and parked there at the owners’ own risk.
- There must be no car parking on the entrance road or in the turning circle in front of the Hall. These areas must be kept clear at all times for emergency vehicle access if required.
- Every hirer must ensure that full insurance cover in respect of all matters is taken out prior to the hire period commencing, and a copy of such insurance cover given to the Trust on request.
General Information / Conditions
- The maximum room capacities are:
Hall = 240, Meeting Rooms – Large (Green) = 100, Small (Blue) = 50, Bowling Pavilion = 16
- The hiring charges are those quoted at the time of application.
- A session shall comprise of any 4 hour period Morning / Afternoon / Evening. Additional hours will be charged at the applicable hourly rate.
- All bookings are accepted at the discretion of the Trust Committee.
- Any hirer booking with the intention of providing lessons/coaching will be required to submit a coaching profile and a copy of their Public Liability Insurance policy, which will be verified before bookings can be confirmed.
- Where activities involve children under 18 or vulnerable adults, all hirers will be required to adhere to their own Safeguarding policy or adopt the Gresford Trust safeguarding policy (copy at request or on the Trust website, gresfordtrust.org).
- If you or your guests bring any property onto the Trust’s land or premises it will be entirely at your own risk. The Trust will not accept responsibility for damage, loss or theft of property however that may be caused.
Confirmation and Payment.
All bookings for the use of Trust facilities will be invoiced at the time of reservation, and must be paid in full within 7 days of the date of invoice. If payment is not received within this time the booking will be automatically cancelled.
Cancellations and Refunds
Should a booking be cancelled at any time up to 28 days before the confirmed hire date, the hire fee will be refunded in full.
For cancellations made after 28 days, and up to 14 days before the hire date, a 50% refund of the hire cost will be made.
For cancellations made within the final 14 day period the full hire cost will be charged.
Any booking made within 14 days of the event, must be paid in full at the time of booking, and will not be subject to any refund.
In the case of inclement weather, and where the facilities are still open, a 50% refund of the hire cost will apply when cancellations are advised at short notice. If the Trust cancel a booking due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. heating failure, a full refund of the hire cost will be given if the booking cannot be re-scheduled.
Changes and Amendments
Any changes to bookings will be subject to availability and the Trustees reserve the right to charge an administration fee.